Our cozy little meet up has really grown over the past year. I've decided to offer one more before summer, and then we'll take a break until late August/September. If you recently submitted an application, don't worry, I'll be emailing you separately to confirm your participation.
For everyone else, I'm simply sharing the timeline. If it works with your schedule, great! If not, maybe we'll see you in the fall.
Here's how it works:
- You submit one piece on which you'd like to receive feedback. There are no requirements, other than to keep your submission to 8 pages or so (no more than 10). You can submit anything-- narrative nonfiction, flash fiction, blog content, etc. The only exception for this round is that we will not be accepting poetry. If you are interested in getting feedback on your poetry, please reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We might be able to set up a separate group if enough folks are interested-- I know I would be, for sure.
- Your piece is then shared with 3-5 other writers in your writing group.
- Your fellow group members have a week or so to write out their reflections/feedback and then email those to The Curious Cat Project (you will also do the same).
- The feedback is then redistributed, so you walk away with constructive comments from 3-5 other writers and also get the chance to read what other people are working on.
Here's the timeline for this round:
- By May 25- Confirm your spot. You'll get an email asking you to do so-- if you don't receive one by May 23, email email@example.com.
- May 30- You'll receive info about your fellow group members.
- May 31- You'll email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org This deadline is not flexible, so please make sure you can meet the deadline when you sign up.
- Monday, June 1- In the morning, I'll email you the pieces on which you'll give feedback. These are the pieces your group members submitted. Yours will also be emailed to your group members on this date, which is why the deadline is important. If one person is late, I hold off on emailing all the pieces.
- Monday, June 15- Your feedback is due by 3PM. You will get your feedback shortly after the deadline-- I just need time to send your feedback back to the person who wrote the piece.
If you've participated before, you'll notice that I extended the deadlines to Monday to give you more weekend time for working on these-- The Curious Cat Project is all about helping working writers connect, so it just makes sense that you'd want the additional time on Sundays.
If you participated in the past, I hope you join again! It's been fun. Interested, but haven't submitted an application in the past? Request one here.
Have a great week, and stay curious!