You can listen to it above or click here to learn more about the series, kicking off just in time for day one (November 1)!
This year I'll be working on writing a thriller. It's actually the same book I put on halt during NaNoWriMo last year to write this book. So I have something to start from, but I need to figure out where it's going. Jeff said he's going to follow-up with us throughout November to see how things are going. That's good. Accountability.
All of this is to say you might hear less from me in November. Before the radio goes silent, there are a few other projects I've been working on that I'm excited to share:
- Jason Smith, Justin Cox, and I have been working on building a Talent Pool on Medium to help connect writers and publications/editors. Get ready for the launch in the next week or so!
- I've been having a blast on the reading and copy-editing panels for Hippocampus Magazine, and an announcement is on the horizon (I'll be putting a callout out for submissions soon, so stay tuned).
- We just wrapped up our first newly revamped writing meet-up of the season. It was great getting the chance to connect with members of our Curious Cat community and learn from one another.
- Abby Norman and Davy Carren came on board to serve as editors for Curiosity Never Killed the Writer, and I couldn't be more excited! We're up to over 2,000 followers and growing.
I also wanted to share two NaNoWriMo resources for those of you starting the craziness today:
- Read more about how to get involved on Medium during NaNoWriMo by participating in Julie Russell's writing prompts. (This is what I was referencing in the Narativ podcast.)
- Check out Urszula Humienik's preparation guide.
Also, just a general announcement that now you don't need a Medium account to submit work to Curiosity Never Killed the Writer!
Have any news or NaNoWriMo tips to share? Comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Oh, and be my NaNo buddy! My username is ccpwriter.