It's important to write down your goals. Taking the next step and making them public holds you even more accountable, which is why I'm posting mine as a blog.
I also took some time to record this past year's major accomplishments and milestones as a bulleted list in my notebook. I keep a running record of both personal and professional accomplishments throughout the year, but it's nice to also have a snapshot of everything together that I can use to reflect and refer to in the future.
Take some time today and write down a few of your own. Just remember to make them realistic, measurable and focused.
Here are a few of mine:
- Learn a new language (fluency level? at least conversational by June)
- Continue building blog and article readership
- Was published on Business Insider, expand to other major sites like Huffington Post
- Continue journaling; take more pictures
- Go to Ireland
- Publish an ebook
- Write a fictional full-length novel and query by September 2015
- Participate in/ win NaNoWriMo
- Practice general mindfulness about my health
Best of luck in setting (& reaching) your goals, and Happy New Year from the Curious Cat Project!