This round-up is making its way to you on the cusp of Monday because the New England weather is too beautiful to enjoy from inside. Plus, the Patriots game was on. If you also spent the weekend doing something other than writing, don't feel guilty. Everyone needs a break sometimes.
Check out my top picks from this week:
- 20 Books to Cozy up With This Fall- I always save lists like these, making my own personal reading list so long I'll probably never get to every book before I die. That's not to say I'm not going to try. I just bought #11 on this list. I'm not a huge Lena Dunham fan, but I'm looking forward to digging in to her book.
- One Train May Hide Another- A beautiful poem to add to (the rest of) your weekend.
- We Want Privacy, but Can't Stop Sharing- An interesting piece about how social media and the internet affects our sense of privacy.
- Buy Experiences, Not Things- Invest in experiences, not things. This is what makes us happy. This isn't a piece about writing, but I think you'll find it interesting anyway.
- The Most Overlooked Piece of Real Estate on Your Blog- I recently joined Jeff Goins's intentional blogging challenge, and it's been a great way to meet other bloggers. People have some really incredible stories, and it's been humbling to learn more about my fellow bloggers. Anyway, this article in particular is about how to revamp your "About" page. It's harder than you'd think...
If you enjoy reading these round-ups, consider tweeting this post to a friend! Simply click on the gray "share" button below.
Thanks for staying curious!